Career Center – Employer Relations Coordinator (0.75 FTE – 12-month, part-time position)
Required Qualifications and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Two years of experience with recruitment practices, community relations, economic/talent development, higher education or similar applicable experience
· Excellent skills in relationship building, event planning, marketing and records management
· Proven interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated experience working with diverse students, faculty, staff, and community members
· Some extended work day and weekend hours may be required.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
· Master’s degree
· Established relationships with regional business and community partners in relation to talent attraction and development practices
· Experience with career services management software, including system implementation and roll out
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
Employer Development and Relations
- · In consultation with the Employer Development Manager, help develop and guide strategies for identifying, recruiting and developing relationships with employers to progress and increase internship and employment opportunities for GVSU students and alumni.
- · Engage in one-on-one contact with employers through personal visits, telephone, direct mail, and electronic communications. Provide timely and effective responses to employer inquiries regarding recruitment and employment brand building at GVSU.
- · Engage existing and prospective employers in the campus community and in interfacing with GVSU students, alumni, faculty and administration through targeted career events and recruitment activities.
- · Advance the GVSU brand and the institutional reputation with community partners. Consult with employers on how the University can help meet regional talent needs. Actively engage with community and economic development organizations.
- · Provide meaningful education and training to employer partners and hiring managers to ensure adherence to fair and equitable recruiting and hiring practices and promote the fostering of inclusive and equitable work environments.
- · Facilitate and manage employer visits to GVSU, including on-campus and accounting recruiting, company information sessions, employer tabling activities, and networking events.
- · Collaborate with the Career Center team to set an annual calendar of recruitment activities allowing employers to interface with prospective GVSU employees and interns.
- · Co-coordinate and -manage marquee career events, including semi-annual career fairs, employer spotlights, industry days, and job shadow programs.
Marketing and Campus Engagement
- · Develop and support existing marketing strategies and materials that promote internships, employment initiatives and meaningful connections between employers, students, alumni, and campus personnel; and increase awareness of career resources and programs.
- · Work with program faculty and student organizations to host seminars and events to promote professional development and career advancement opportunities.
- · Share employer needs and economic/recruiting trends with career center staff, internship coordinators, and college liaisons that promote successful student career outcomes across all units.
- · Provide oversight of and training on all career services management system (LakerJobs) processes.
- · Manage and track records of employer contacts, services utilized and recruitment activities in applicable systems.
- · Assist in the compilation of statistical information for employer recruitment activities.
- · Support strategies to obtain First-Destination Survey feedback for students to assess and report career outcomes.
Responsibilities – Non-essential Functions
(Functions not mandatory to the existence of the job)
TBD annual salary (.75 FTE)
The Career Center – Division of Student Services
Pew Grand Rapids
How to Apply:
Submit resume (or CV) and cover letter online at www.gvsujobs.org
Application Deadline Date: