JMF (the Jordan Morgan Foundation), a registered 501(c)(3), is seeking lead instructors for our LAUNCH (STEM) program from June 26, 2017 – August 25, 2017. You will have a chance to work with students in grades 4-8, exposing them to diverse STEM-based career fields and to inspire critical thinking and problem solving skills throughout a 4-week instructor lead STEM immersion program.
You will be working with a team of professionals who are dedicated to the JMF mission of inspiring success and authentic civic engagement for our youth. Ideally, you are a results-driven aspiring educator comfortable exploring basic science and math concepts. You will gain valuable classroom experience while exploring creative ways to teach math and science concepts in today's rapidly advancing society.
- Use effective classroom management skills and create a fun, inclusive environment.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with campers.
- Monitor and sustain a culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Work effectively with fellow team members and collaborate on daily responsibilities
- Exhibit JMF Core Values, follow the JMF Code, and maintain the JMF look at all times.
- Serve as a positive role model to campers.
- Have fun!
Location: Detroit, MI
Majors: Education, Social Work, Public Policy, or similar
Position: Instructor/Intern ~30hr/week
Compensation: TBD base on experience/possibility of school creditVisit jordanmorganfoundation.com/launch to apply!