Join Us at Beautiful Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire, MI for Q1 Member Education & Networking Event!
The Michigan Career Educator and Employer Alliance cordially invites you to our first quarter members meeting. Please join us 'Up North' and bring the family to take in the beautiful landscape and colors of Michigan's treasure at Shanty Creek Resort while networking with colleagues and friends and while learning about the state's expanding talent economy for 2020 and beyond.
Special rates for MCEEA guests effective 9/15/19 through 9/18/19
For room reservations, please call
Shanty Creek Resort at (866) 695-5010, and request the discounted rate for MCEEA .
Peer Networking | Monday, September 16th | 5:00 - 6:30pm
- Network and enjoy hors d'oeuvres and drinks on the beautiful Shanty Creek Terrace that looks over the beautiful valley and Lake Bellaire followed by dinner and more networking with friends and peers in downtown Bellaire, MI at Short's Brewery
- MCEEA Member/Non-Member: $30.00 fee
Plenary Keynote & Business Member Meeting
Tuesday, September 17th from 8:00am - 1:30pm
- MCEEA's FIRST ANNUAL: 'State of Talent for Michigan 2020 and Beyond'
- Presenter: Dr. Scott Powell, Director of Research - Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives
- Presenter: Deb Lyzenga, State Administrative Manager - Workforce Development - Industry Engagement, Sector Strategies, MI Talent Investment Agency
Deb Lyzenga is the Sector Strategies Manager for the State of Michigan. In her role she is taking her regional workforce experience and spearheading state-level projects, and initiatives that promote employer collaboratives and talent pipeline management.
Deb has 18 years of leadership experience in workforce development, education, and private sector manufacturing. She has successful project management experience through new program development and business expansion. Deb promotes demand-driven workforce development strategies to help attract, retain, and develop talent in high growth, high wage industry sectors.
She was instrumental in the development of several initiatives including
· MiCareerQuest™ an innovative, experiential student career event that has expanded across the state.
· Five employer-led collaboratives that braid employer, workforce, and education partnerships in manufacturing, information technology, healthcare, construction, agribusiness that have developed training that address the talent skills gap.
· The development of non-traditional apprenticeship programs in Healthcare and Information Technology, and apprenticeship expansion in Manufacturing and Construction leveraging state and local resources for businesses covering 15 occupations.
Deb holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Oklahoma State University and a Master of Public Administration from Grand Valley State University.
Scott Powell is the Director of Research for the Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives within the Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget.
As research director, Scott and his team lead state efforts to turn administrative data into actionable information for state and local workforce partners. He has over ten years of experience in workforce and education research, specializing in longitudinal data systems, program evaluation, and international labor market policy. He previously held appointments at the Heldrich Center for Workforce Development at Rutgers University, where he developed multiple research projects for the State of New Jersey, as well as the University of Tennessee. Scott is a native of the Flint area and holds degrees from Michigan State University and Ohio State University.
Tax exempt form will be provided to all attendees