MISSION, VISION, VALUES:
Aquinas College, an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic and Dominican traditions, provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good.
Aquinas College is recognized as the exceptional Catholic liberal arts college that prepares individuals for careers of leadership and service in developing a sustainable and just global community. Aquinas College is recognized by its values: Faith, Service, Learning and Community.
Aquinas College prides itself as a leader in sustainability, and this requires the participation of every member of the college community. In this regard, employees and their supervisors are expected to engage in the process of “appreciative inquiry” to identify ways that each position can advance sustainability in the employment experience.
Summary and Purpose:
The Career Coach supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the college and the Advantage Center. The goal of this position is to increase student participation in career counseling, coaching, and advising through a variety of formats including drop-in interactions, individual appointments, and presentations/workshops. This position would also support the Director with engagement activities with various college consortiums, organizations, and career related community initiatives.
- Supports and abides by all rules, regulations, and guidelines of the college and serves as an appropriate role model for students at all times.
- Provides career planning assistance through appointments with individuals, online assistance, and regularly scheduled workshops with groups.
- Establishes and maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with students, alumni, faculty, employers, and the general public.
- Advise and teach career development skills and knowledge to students and alumni.
- Provide students with relevant occupational, educational, and employment information that would assist them in exploring a wide range of major/career options.
- Assist students with their understanding of the relationship between self-knowledge and major/career choice through formal and informal career assessments.
- Increase student awareness of experiential education opportunities.
- Improve student preparedness for job search activities and professionalism in the workplace.
- Coordinate the Vocationers program utilizing student volunteers to assist with career coaching/advising.
- Provide employers with information on employer services and collaborate with employers to provide career-related programming for students.
- Facilitates the distribution of information on various employment/internship opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements:
- Master's degree in Student Personnel Services, Counseling, Management/Business, Human Resources, Social Work, or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Skills/experience in career counseling, psychometric assessment, program planning, public relations, and group presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently while functioning as a team member.
- Strong abilities in time management, event organization, and managing multiple projects and details.
- Computer skills to include Work, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with career related technology and electronic databases.
- Experience or ability to develop and conduct career/life planning workshops.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience either in a university/college setting or business human resource or training and development function is preferred.
- Understanding of career development theory preferred.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Office environment that requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Use of typical office equipment (phone, fax, computers, copiers).
- 50-70% Computer exposure (monitor/keyboard).
- 25-30% Walking, bending, stooping, lifting (less than 20lbs).
Direct Link to Posting: https://aquinas.prismhr-hire.com/job/75327/career-coach