The 7th annual CMVE Conference, Back to Basic: Supporting Our Military-Connected Students, will be held on Friday, September 27, 2019 in Auburn Hills (at Oakland University). The event will focus on improving services to our student veterans, service members, and their families – with a special focus on service offerings for spouses and children. This conference aims to help institutions understand and engage their entire military-connected students population. Student populations are shifting – join us to learn how to anticipate and meet their needs on your campus.
Fitting this theme, a call for session proposals is open until June 1, 2019. Sessions are 45 minutes in length and should include at least 20 minutes of group discussion.
If you are interested in learning about a topic but don’t want to present, please email the suggested content to Kara Fields by June 1st. .
Online Proposal Submission Requirements:
The online proposal submission form requires the following information:
1. Presentation Title
2. Intended audience for the session
3. Audio/Visual needs, if any
4. Up to 125-word description for use in the conference program
5. At least 2 specific learning outcomes for this session
6. An explanation (in 300 words or less) of how the session fits the theme and will showcase tangible strategies for participants to consider adopting relative to their own work.
7. Presenter(s) Name, Institution, Contact Info
We look forward to seeing you in September at the conference!
CMVE Board of Directors