Position: Part-time Career Services Advisor
Reports to: Director, Career Services
FLSA: Non-exemptMajor Responsibilities:
• Provide career advising and coaching to students and alumni to include resume writing, cover letters, interviewing, job search techniques, networking, transitional employment, and career development.
• Administer and interpret career assessments (as qualified).
• Research and develop opportunities and resources for students/alumni.
• Assist in marketing services to employers.
• Assist in marketing services to students, such as conducting classroom presentations.
• Assist with and promote special events and career fairs.
• Stay current with and communicate labor market and job search strategy trends.
• Collaborate with faculty, student services, student life, and alumni engagement functions.
• Utilize career services database.
• Provide periodic front desk assistance.
• Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree a plus.
• Minimum of two years of experience in professional career advising or employee recruitment.
• Knowledge of contemporary job search practices and coaching/career advising techniques required.
• Knowledge of professional occupations in the business field and business trends preferred.
• Professional presence and approachable demeanor to interface with students and employers required.
• Superior writing, grammatical, editing, and proof-reading skills required.
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow-up required.
• Computer literacy, including intermediate MSWord, basic MS Excel, Internet, and social media job search skills required.
• Ability to travel locally on a periodic basis.
• Must be able to work two days per week until 7:00 pm as part of a flexible schedule.
To Apply: Submit resume with salary requirement to the Human Resources Office, Walsh College at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: September 20, 2019