Position: Part-time Career Services Advisor
Reports to: Director, Career Services
- Provide career advising and coaching to students and alumni to include resume writing, cover letters, interviewing, job search techniques, networking, transitional employment, and career development.
- Administer and interpret career assessments (as qualified).
- Research and develop opportunities and resources for students/alumni.
- Assist in marketing services to employers.
- Assist in marketing services to students, such as conducting classroom presentations.
- Assist with and promote special events and career fairs.
- Stay current with and communicate labor market and job search strategy trends.
- Collaborate with faculty, student services, student life, and alumni functions.
- Utilize career services database.
- Provide periodic front desk assistance.
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of two years of experience in professional career advising or employee recruitment.
- Knowledge of job search practices and coaching/career advising techniques required.
- Knowledge of professional occupations in the business field and business trends preferred.
- Professional presence and approachable demeanor to interface with students and employers required.
- Superior writing, grammatical, editing, and proof-reading skills required.
- • Excellent verbal, presentation, interpersonal communication skills required.
- • Organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow-up required.
- • Computer literacy, including intermediate MSWord, basic MS Excel, Internet, and social media job search skills required.
- • Ability to travel locally on a periodic basis.
- • Must be able to work two days per week until 7:00 pm as part of a flexible schedule.
To Apply: Submit resume with salary requirement to the Human Resources Office, Walsh College at: email@example.com
Posted: December 11, 2017